Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes!

If I take Disney up on its offer to refund money used to purchase Baby Einstein DVDs, am I somehow admitting that my son is not a genius? Am I admitting that I was relying on a video to make my son a genius?
On the other hand, this could be the kind of slippery slope that makes me some money!
First, I’d like to sue the writers for Popeye: I have eaten plenty of spinach in my day and still my biceps are small and free of anchor tattoos. I’d also like to sue the creators of Diego and Dora: If Hayden is ever at a South American zoo, I suppose he’ll be able to ask for help before being eaten by a baby jaguar or its mother, but will he know how to ask for the bathroom or say “Do you have a pencil?” or “Which bus will take me to the library?”
What else? I know I’m missing some good opportunities here.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Popeye never promised that spinach would give you big biceps, just elephantiasis of the forearms and calfs -- that's why I never touch the stuff.

    ReplyDelete