Monday, October 26, 2009

Do I overreact?

So this weekend, I accidently ended up on the Country Music channel on TV just in time to catch Taylor Swift singing "Fifteen" and I caught myself thinking how talented and sweet and modest Miss Swift is and appreciating the message in her song. And then I had a vision of 15-year-old me lying in my room listening to Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains and Nirvana, and I was pretty sure that 15-year-old me would love to kick 32-year-old me's ass. And considering my loss of muscle and coordination over the past 17 years, I should be very scared of 15-year-old me. (Yes, I admit that Donnie Wahlberg had only recently been replaced by Eddie Vedder on my bedroom walls, but remember, Donnie WAS the edgy one. But I digress.)
Then I remembered that I still hadn't listened to the new album from San Francisco indie band Girls sent to me by my dear friend Jagger (may or may not be Mick) and I grabbed my computer for a listen. If you haven't heard them yet, you should. It's a little more atmospheric than my usual tastes, but it's perfect music for waiting around on a Monday morning for a washing machine repair guy. Probably good driving music too.
Other recent discoveries: Bell X1 (courtesy of their 2 Chicago groupies) and Madrugada (courtesy of Matt, who has also recently concluded that he likes Lady Gaga)

1 comment:

  1. For the record, all I said was that I don't "hate" Lady Gaga -- oh, who am I kidding. Matt (doing robot): "my-my-my-poker face!"

    ReplyDelete